Monday, October 18, 2010

Bright Crest

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Shopblog/Bright Crest



Heya. Time for Bright Crest, N. This was a fun layout and cut- a break from the exact line. This shape flows and wanders- few straight lines here. The charm and star motifs will be craved in cedar, bodyworked with clay and bondo, molded and then produced in frp so that the repeating theme pieces are all exact, from the charm to the butt to the top piece. Reviewed a photo book to get an idea of the best way to paint the 'waves'. Got it. The idea of a raised detail of seafoam would be nice, and my mind is turning on it. Yellow cord or braid for the charm on this one- no chain. Very sturdy. Can't wait to layout the details and start carving. Back at it in the morning.

Still hunting the right material for Portgas D. Ace. Several that would work, but I'll look until I find the one I want. I'm out.

Be good to you.
bc

No comments:

Post a Comment