Monday, October 18, 2010

Way to Dawn in the works!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Shopblog/15.3 miles









Heya. Here's the progression of the Way to Dawn, for M. From glass in mold, to baubles, a piece demolded, two halves cleaned up and ready for construction, to constructed and nearly ready for bodywork, which is what's going on now. Knowing all the nuances made this a carefree build. Nice. Hoping to wrap this in the next two weeks. Let's see how close I am when rubber hits road.

Upped my distance to 15.3 miles Friday. Fueling has been the issue to deal with, and the electrolyte replacement. I used a brand called Smartwater- just water, electrolytes, magnesium, and potassium. Worked pretty well, felt none of the 'knocked down' effects of previous long runs. Also used two gels, one from Clif and the other GN. The doughnut at mile 11 was welcomed, too! Thanks to Sarah and the Donut Spot!

It was difficult in the last miles- more mental than anything. If I start out with a partner who runs with me to the end I'm good. Likewise if I start out alone- got it. But the shift of doing the last miles alone seemed to mess with me, as though I had to reorient and get back to the plan- 15 miles in anticipation of 20 miles next week. Five more miles. I can do this. And doughnuts help. :) Be good to you.
bc

No comments:

Post a Comment