Monday, October 18, 2010

Dust, Frostbite, Oathkeeper, Oblivion.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dust, Frostbite, Oathkeeper, Oblivion.

Heya.
Oathkeeper pieces with mold. The Oblivion pic came out weird- half gray block.
A tech question I haven't quite settled on yet- Oblivion's mold looks dull in comparison to Oathkeeper, so I thought it might pull hard coming out, but it performed just fine. The only difference I can think of is I used two passes of tooling gelcoat on Oathkeeper, and one on Oblivion. Still, the results are the same beyond initial cosmetics, so for short run molds- go team! parts came out great!
Yesterday and today devoted to winterizing the shop so I can work this winter! Last winter was crazy cold! There I was listening to the ipod and public radio alternatively while my breath steamed in the cold air... then I would run two fans and use ice cold air tools- yay! So today I added a first-design thermal mass chimney (sounds cool, yeah?), 'remote' (nylon rope!) fan cover, and eyeballing soffits and misc places to plug. MUST PRESERVE the HEAT! Lol.

And for last- Oathkeeper and Oblivion pieces ready to be cleaned up and constructed. Take a good look- tomorrow it will change.

Be good to you.
bc

No comments:

Post a Comment